The Ionia Community Library is housed in the Hall-Fowler House, a beautiful mid-nineteenth century building in downtown Ionia. The Hall-Fowler home is one of the best examples of Italianate architecture in Western Michigan. Constructed of local variegated ashlar sandstone, the building's facade displays a great double-panel oak door emphasized by an elaborate front porch, a double arched window, a trefoil-like attic window, a central gable, and an ornate octagonal central cupola. In 1903, Marion Hall-Fowler (1849-1931) deeded the house to the city of Ionia, stipulating that it be ''forever used for library purposes'' and ''known as the Hall-Fowler Memorial Library.'' The Hall-Fowler House was granted recognition as a Michigan Historic Site in 1992.
Reorganized as the Ionia Community Library in 2003, the Hall-Fowler House continues to provide a venue for education, enlightenment, and personal growth for residents of Ionia County. Library tours are available for groups and individuals by appointment.